Rove Pest Control - They forge your name onto a contract you never saw

680 Hale Ave N Ste #130, Oakdale, MN 55128, USA

On July 4, a Rove Pest Control salesman came to Rochester, MN selling two lawn pest treatments for a bargain price of $49 - in hopes to gain your business. They had you sign a signature pad giving the permission to come onto the property.

But after one month, they bill you for another $36 and when you call them they tell you that you signed an one year contract. They send you a contract that you never saw with your signature superimposed on it from that electronic pad they had you sign. They won't let you talk to your salesman. Then you find out later that they have been doing this all over the country.

They say you are now going to be paying over $400 for the year. If you are young and fight it, they will usually stop charging you after long arguments and threats. But if you are elderly, they assume you won't fight and they relentlessly pursue payment on that bogus contract. We've written to the Minnesota Attorney General and they did nothing.

The Better Business Bureau already has scores of reports.

These people have to be stopped. They will lie and say this isn't true but I tell you it absolutely is.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rove Pest Control Customer Care.

Preferred solution: They need to summarily stop this practice to all people. .

I didn't like: Dishonesty and fraud.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 13.

Rove Pest Control - Not sure if they are even a legitimate company

Service Scheduling

We hired Rove and after several applications our ant problem was still an issue. We had a different pest control company last year who were awesome.

When we called to cancel the service they threatened to send us to a collection agency and sent someone to provide the service anyway. Good luck trying to get in touch with your rep and even after cancelling their service they still came and charged my credit card. I ended up having to cancel my card. When I tried to research the company I noticed one of my neighbors also rated them a one star.

Shame on rove. Will definitely be sending a notice to our city and the better business bureau regarding their business practices!

Product or Service Mentioned: Rove Pest Control Ant Pest Control.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 04, 2017.

Rove Pest Control is a RIPOFF

I contracted with Rove Pest control (Minneapolis, St. Paul MN area) in 2010 to kill the small black ants that were taking over my lawn and landscape.

For two seasons they came out every month (and more as I had to keep calling them back) to exterminate the ants. That's all I wanted done, and after two years they made no progress. The ants were never gone or even reduced in number. Nearly $100 a month for two full seasons and they accomplished nothing.

My calls of complaint were always greeted with sorry excuses. I found a product online (called DeltaGard) and in the spring of 2012, as the ants were still there, in full force, I applied the DeltaGard - and I am not endorsing a product here - for a about 6 weeks. One 20lb bag and the ants were gone. Gone, period, for about $30.

Rove is a ripoff, they did nothing to solve the problem for two years, and at considerable expense to me. To add insult to injury, when I informed them several times (via phone and email) that I did not want their service any longer, they refused to listen to me and insisted that I did not properly 'notify' them. They kept sending me bills for service (that they did not perform) and when I refused to pay they sent a collection agency after me. Do yourself a favor and find and EFFECTIVE and HONEST company to deal with.

Rove Pest Control is a dishonest and despicable company to deal with. Search the web and you will find others whom this company has ripped off as well.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 04, 2012.